CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Monday, March 26, 2007

CPH debut in Central Park!

Here's my finished CPH in central park (strawberry fields)



I got to wear it to the yarn harlot's book signing! it was warm and comfy and perfect for the weather that day.

Specs:
Yarn: peace fleece worsted in sea moss (6 skeins)
Needles: 6 and 8s accordingly
mods: i grafted the top of the hood, and picked up all the stitches for the ribbing at one time. i also did short row shaping and three needle bind off at the shoulders.

my sleeves were a bit tight, as seems to be the trend, but overall i'm satisfied with the outcome. more pics on my blog :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really nice! I love the color. I'm making a blue one, and I'm going to see the Yarn Harlot this weekend!

JustMe said...

Love your CPH - the color is perfect! Hoping to knit it soon, too!

Kris said...

That's fabulous!!! the color looks really great on you!

Freda said...

How perfect to wear the CPH to Central Park to joing up with other knitters!! It looks lovely. I'm glad to hear about the tight sleeves again. I'm going to try to enlarge mine somehow.

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous on you! What a great place to wear it too! I'm envious!

Shameka said...

I must say, you look very cool in your Central Park Hoodie. I live in New York, and although I could not make it to Strawberry Fields that day (Work gets in the way of life), I did make it to FIT for the presentation. It is so cool to know that I was sitting there with my unfinished sweater, and there was someone with a completed sweater who came all the way from the West Coast... and we were in the same room at the same time. I guess the muggles would never understand my excitement. But hey, who needs them? We can have our own party!!!
Your hoodie looks great, and I am even more inspired to get mine off of the sticks, and onto my body. Thanks for being a great example.