CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Frogging and sleeve enlargement

I forgot to turn one of the cables last night. I noticed it after finishing the cable turning row. The forgotten cable was at the beginning of the back. Without giving it enough thought I decided to knit on and turn the cable on the next wrong side row. I did that and knit two more rows. Meanwhile I began to question my logic and an inspection of the errant cable convinced me to frog back and do it right.

Noone would have noticed but me, but the cable was always going to annoy me, so I did the right thing.

I am contemplating various methods of enlarging the sleeves but haven't decided on one yet. I need to read the Knitty.com articles on sleeves in depth. But right now I think if I bind off two extra stitches for the arm holes and add two extra stitches to the sleeves themselves the shoulders will be a bit narrower (ok since my shoulders are narrow) and the sleeves will be 1/2 inch larger in diameter.

Does it seem like this would work?

2 comments:

Lara said...

re: sleeve enlargement....

I thought my sleeves were going to be way too tight as well based on everyone's posts here, so when I made my first sleeve, I increased 2 additional times... so I had four more stitches than the largest size of the pattern. It seemed to fit my arm well (I was knitting the sleeves in the round, so I could try them on easily), and I just incorporated a few more decreases into the sleeve cap to get back to the right number eventually.

However, when I blocked the sleeve and then seamed it to the sweater, the sleeve was WAY too big and actually way too long as well (even though I used the measurements of the pattern).

Eventually I decided it would bug me too too much so I tried to frog, but it was too difficult. Ended up just cutting through my knitting right above the last increase I actually wanted (went back to the original number of the pattern) and now I'm knitting it again from that spot. I have plenty of yarn but I suppose I'll pull out that sleeve cap if I need to - otherwise it's just sitting in my knitting bag. :)

All this to say... additional increases seem like a good way to make the sleeves bigger if that's what you need. :)

Carrie said...

Hmm I'm trying to make my sleeves bigger too.. but I'm also extrapolating up a size from the last printed size. I am only on the back at the moment, but I did one extra bind off and one extra decrease. I hadn't thought about that being narrower through the shoulder though. First time I've done this :) I was also going to do four extra increases in the sleeve.

I'm not weaving in any ends until I've basted everything together and tried it on though, that's for sure!