CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Thursday, January 11, 2007

CPH - Complete

I just finished knitting CPH for my daughter (she's 13). I used a lighter, mostly cotton yarn because she's kind of a "princess & the pea" kind of kid. I'll agree with others that the fit is very slim -- I knit a smallish size on purpose, and it fits fine, but I'm a little amazed at how narrow the shoulders are and how slim the sleeves. The color in the first picture is a better match with reality. If you look on my blog, you'll see pretty much the same information, but there are progress pictures there too, if you click on the label in the side bar.


Nitty Gritty Details:
  • Cascade Sierra Quatro, 80% cotton/20% wool, Green Melange (color 96) 100 grams, 191 yards, 7 skeins used.
  • Gauge called for was 4.25 stitches/inch. I knit this on size 5 needles at a gauge of 5 stitches/inch because I liked the fabric better. (That is the ball-band gauge -- actually I'm not sure how I came to substitute this yarn for what was called for - except the girl liked the color.) To compensate, I made the 40 inch size in hopes of getting a sweater with a 34" finished size. My actual finished size was 34.5". I used vertical directions (ie knit 11 inches) for the smallest size.
  • Vislon Activewear 22" Separating zipper, "peridot". I should have used a 18 inch zipper. I don't even know if there was one in the right length, but I had to cut this zipper and fold the ends back, which makes for some bulkiness I don't like. I sewed in the zipper by hand, using, more or less, the instructions in the big Vogue Knitting book.
  • Other changes: I grafted the top of the hood together (kitchener stitch) and knit the ribbing all in one go. The pattern called for casting off the top of the hood, then knitting the front ribbing, then sewing a seam which would be on the "top" of the hood. I thought my way would be better, which it was, mostly. But I also broke one of my favorite needles - size 3 bamboo needles aren't meant for cramming 300+ stitches on. After I rescued my stitches (the needle broke "inside" a row), I used two needles but knit the ribbing all in one piece.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job! Great job also on the modifications.

belaybunny said...

It looks lovely. I thought about putting in a zip too, but changed my mind, as I didn't know how to do that!! I bet your daughter is really pleased.

Pam said...

Thanks - Christina, if you change your mind about the zipper, let me know and I'll walk you through.
phenager at charter dot net.

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!!