CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cabled hood

Hi all - I've loved looking at all the finished and in-progress CPHs! I wanted to share a photo of my finished hoodie. I did continue the cable up the back of the hood and just started the decreases a little early to make it end symmetrically. I used a weird shade of Tahki Donegal Tweed.


10 comments:

Elizabeth Boyle said...

I love the cable up the back. I'm almost there, so I will have to do that as well. And I don't think the shade is weird--it's really lovely.

mehitabel said...

That's exactly what I want to do with it! It adds a nice "finished" touch. Good job!!

Tracey, in MI said...

Oh man---- I wish I had continued the cables....pretty pretty;)

Next time;)

Madge said...

Great job! I really like how the continued cable looks. Hmm, I'm gonna have to try that, too. :)

Hilary said...

That looks great; I wish I'd done that!
Did you seam your hood or kitchener it? I'm wondering if you can do the button band in two pieces and *then* kitchener the whole thing together ...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, everyone. I'm happy with how it looks.

Hilary - I did a 3-needle bindoff at the top and then I did the button band in one looooong piece. If you do the band in 2 pieces, you won't have live stitches at the top edge to kitchner, I don't think.

rachel iufer said...

the cables look great! i thought about doing that on mine but i was in too much of a hurry to finish...i love it though. orange is a kick-ass color!!!

Hilary said...

Liz,
If you check this again -- do you think you could do the button band in two pieces, THEN kitchener the hood, then seam up the little bit of button band? Or would that look weird?

Anonymous said...

Hilary - I think you could but you might have to be careful about the number of stitches right at that seam on the button band. If you bind off the hood and then sew the hood and the band, then one stitch on each side goes into the seam. If you kitchener, you just want to make the transition smoothly from no hood seam to button band seam. But since it's ribbing, it's forgiving.

I may be overthinking that.

Doing the button band in one long piece isn't too scary. I used 2 needles, though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much again Liz! Sorry for asking this question in so many places – I'm sure *I'm* overthinking! :) Maybe I'll just do it in one piece.