CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Seeking Yarn!

Hello all!

After a tumultuous couple of weeks I decided I deserved something really nice, and it was time to make a cozy, comfy, lovely sweater just for me. The Central Park Hoodie fits the bill perfectly! I've only made one sweater before and it was hugely disastrous (literally.. HUGE). So I'm a little wary but still very excited. I've made a few baby sweaters so feel a bit more primed this time.

Unfortunately the yarn I ordered is just too scratchy (Skye Tweed). I'm one of those "allergic to wool" people, but really, I am, skin test and everything! I grew up being told I could never wear wool, so I'm slowly being brave, thinking outside the box, and learning what does work and what doesn't. I want this sweater to be ultimately wearable throughout the year, and I really love wearing sweaters over tank tops and t-shirts so it needs to be not-scratchy wool. I can only wear those over turtlenecks usually :) Mohair makes my nose go nuts and alpaca feels soft at first but slowly builds up an itchy fire that is none too pleasant!

So.. any yarn suggestions out there? I am going to the LYS this weekend to pick up some single skeins to swatch because I do want the cables to pop, and there are some nice wool blends out there now, aren't there? Wool Bam Boo sounds nice but dunno if that would gauge correctly. I need to make this baby slightly bigger than the directions call for so a larger gauge wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to making this beauty and will hopefully post some swatch pictures next week!

Carrie Y.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,

I would suggest Tahki yarns New Tweed. It is a tweed yarn but not scratchy at all it has merino wool, silk and viscose. The only thing is that the ball have less yardage than donegal tweed. For example I will need 11 ball to knit the medium size sweater. But other wise I am loving this yarn.

Pam said...

If you are comfortable playing fast and loose with numbers, I recommend you consider Cascade Sierra Quatro (a cotton wool blend). It is a lighter weight yarn than the pattern specifies. For my daughter's sweater, I found a gauge that worked for the YARN and then modified the pattern. I ended up with a sweater that was sized perfectly between two of the sizes given in the pattern.

If you'd like to try a cotton yarn that shows up well with pattern stitches, try Classic Elite's Provence.

Juls said...

Webs has a line of yarn, Valley yarns and I picked up a bunch of the Sugarloaf. It is super soft, not itchy at all...probably due to the microfiber.