CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Saturday, March 17, 2007

Waiting and Swatching

Hi! I am so excited to tart my CPH! I have been flirting with so many different yarns for this project and have actually added to my stash by coming close to a decision but not comitting. No problem- I have other plans for them :).

I have settled on Malabrigo Worsted in Lettuce. I love this yarn! It is softer than those commonly used for the CPH but it shows cables beautifully and is so yummy to wear.

I will start to swatch on an 8 while I await the pattern in the mail......I cant wait but it will give me some time to move along on some other UFOs.

I look forward to visiting the KAL and watching everyones progress.



Here is my beautiful Malabrigo.

Hayley

3 comments:

knitting elephant said...

I just want to put my two cents in here... I LOVE malabrigo with a passion I can't describe, but I've heard and read that it pills a lot and doesn't wear wonderfully well, so I wanted to give a little heads-up. I am 'green' with envy over your color choice!! (hehe--get it?!?) :-)

kikiskyste said...

I too have read this and seen Malabrigo worn and washed. I like that worn comfy look and dont mind pilling a bit-I will shave if I have to.
My other option was Alpaca Silk which is too soft, so i will give Malabrigo a spin on this CPH.
Thanks for the heads up! If I hate it I will learn- Malabrigo is not too expensive so it wont kill me.

Carrie said...

That is a gorgeous color! I'm using Malabrigo for a couple felting projects at the moment and it definitely is one of my favorites! I have no clue how it wears.. you'll have to report back after a while! :)