CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Thursday, March 29, 2007

Flipped Cables

This is my first knitalong, and I have enjoyed so much reading everyone's helpful posts and seeing such inspiring successes.

Here's my version so far. I'm using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, which I have an ample supply of due to another sweater coming out way too big. I'd considered gifting the too-big sweater, but the yarn was pretty pricey for me, so I decided to frog and knit up something I'd love. I have been nervous about going the opposite direction with CPH--too small--especially after reading some posts, but I am going to just keep plugging along and see what happens. . . .

You'll notice the cables go the wrong way. I realized I was reading the chart left to right instead of right to left about halfway up the back, and after slapping myself in the forehead, I realized it looked fine, so I just went with it. I will make the sleeves match.

I decided to try short rows for the shoulders, inspired by a post here. I think I did them right. I am curious as to how the cable will work out when I join the front and back at the shoulder. Anybody have any trouble, advice?

2 comments:

Freda said...

Yor hoodie looks great. I have been daydreaming about a red CPH and if I knit a second one it will be red.

I haven't executed a 3 needle bind off before but I was just wondering if I should go up a needle size since my bind-offs tend to be pretty tignt and draw in some.

Tracey, in MI said...

looks great- as long as the cables are consistent- no one will have a clue!

I cast on CPH #2 this afternoon- ;)

Love the cashmerino soft- will be FAB!