CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Monday, March 19, 2007

Question

I began the CPH in November, before I really knew how to read a chart.
So, I read the chart backwards and my center cables twist the opposite way than they should. I just recently cast on the sleeves and I have done one cable twist-- like the wrong cables on the back.
So my question is: Should I make the sleeve cables the correct way or to match the back of my sweater?

Thanks guys!
Allie

6 comments:

sienna said...

I would match the back of the sweater.
So your cables are going the opposite way of the pattern - who cares? A pattern is only a suggestion or guideline as far as I'm concerned.
Whichever way you choose to do your sleeve cables
I would make sure that both sleeves are done the same way.

Freda said...

I don't think it really matters which way the cables turn, as long as there is consistency.

Carrie said...

That's what I love about cables actually.. being able to twist them however you want :) I did that on a sweater recently.. twisted the opposite the pattern because I just liked it better that way!

Anyway, if it were me, I'd make things match the back :)

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
allie said...

Thank you so much! I'm excited about getting back down to business with my CPH!!!

Courtney said...

I did the same thing! I didn't notice until halfway up the back because it doesn't look wrong. I went with it. I haven't gotten to the front or sleeves yet, so would love to hear how the experiment works for you.