CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Saturday, March 24, 2007

Slowy but surely

It's been slow going for me, but that's because I've been obsessed with moebius bowls for the past week! Those are mostly done now, so focus is back on the CPH. I'm about 7" up the back.


 

I'm mucking with sizes so this is laid out on the back of a (humongous) 
sweater that I wear a lot. I think it will fit though. I sized it up to 52" since I'm afraid the 48" size would be too small as so many people have said it runs small. I want it to fit but not make me self-conscious! I'm also using size 8 Addis even though I got gauge with size 7 bamboos... the bamboo was driving me nuts with this yarn! (Skye Tweed) I'll probably block the back when done just to make sure before plunging forward.

I also did the ribbing as suggested by the Crossroad Knits folks, and have ended up using combination knitting for the whole thing! I love how you can tell at a glance or feel which stitch to do. I used to do combination a long time ago so it's nice to go back. The ribbing does look nice and crisp! So, thanks for the tip!

Carrie

3 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

I must have missed the tip -- can you tell me how you did your ribbing? I hope to start this soon. I love your yarn and the color!

AuntieAnn said...

Now I see the link -- I don't know how I missed that before. Thanks! I may have to try that!

Carrie said...

Sorry about that, I found the link after I originally posted -- you probably caught me in between updates!