CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Monday, February 19, 2007

CPH is done

It went from this ...

to this ...


Central Park Hoodie
Pattern: Knitscene Fall 2006
Yarn: 5+ skeins Peace Fleece in Lena's Meadow for size 36
Needles: Addi Circulars in US #7 and 8
(01/06/07 - 02/18/07)

Modifications: I ended up picking up 158 stitches for the button band. Otherwise, I followed the pattern (See errata on web site). I decided on 5 buttons for the closure.

Hood lays down perfectly

Button detail

My daughter loves it and asked for one in Pink.

Thanks to all the contributors! I loved seeing all the lovely CPHs. It really helped me finish this project.

6 comments:

rachel iufer said...

it's gorgeous! peace fleece is really an excellent yarn for this project and your CPH proves it. looks like a good fit, well done!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Can't wait to see your daughter's pink one.

Pam said...

Lovely sweater -- I like it in this yarn. Will you use the peace fleece pink? Or something else?

BrownBerry said...

Very nice knit!
That color looks so cozy, and I really like how the hood came out.

Teal said...

Your sweater looks great. I've just finished the back on mine and seeing your finished sweater is good motivation to keep knitting. I'm planning to use buttons as well and am wondering where you purchased yours.

Bear Knits said...

Your comments are precious! Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing all your finished CPHs, too.

Daughter's may be in cotton. Any suggestions?

Buttons are from Hancock Fabrics. I brought my sweater with me since I did not know what size to buy.