CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Thursday, April 12, 2007

WOOHOOOO!

The CPH is finished! It's too big, but it's so soft, warm and comfy, I don't mind it being loose!



Great pattern - well written and easy to follow.

The details:

Yarn: Sirdar Donegal Tweed; washes and dries like a dream, and softens up a LOT after!

Size: Made the 44 because I’d read that the sweater ran small, but I should have made the 40.

Mods: Did the fronts and back all in one piece, knit the sleeves in the round (I hate seaming!) and made the button band only 1/2 inch deep because I installed a zipper instead of using buttons. Also short-rowed the shoulders and did a three-needle bind off on the shoulders and hood seam.

This was a great knitalong - learned a few new things and met some new bloggers, which are always good things :)

More info over on my blog - come visit!

9 comments:

Hilary said...

I love it! The color is great and the zipper looks wonderful. Congratulations!

Tracey, in MI said...

Wow. Just WOW. Looks fab!

Teal said...

Beautiful sweater and you got a perfect color match on the zipper which is a really clever mod.

Freda said...

Wonderful job. I think it fits you perfectly. I really like the look of that yarn, too. Where did you get it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone :)

Freda, the yarn is Sirdar Donegal Tweed that I found at my LYS...

Anonymous said...

^ oops, that would be me, brenda, commenting up there!

Nicole said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!

Toad said...

I'm thinking of knitting the 44 also. I'm getting 4.5 stitches per inch and would need to make the 44 for it to size down to the 40. How many stitches per inch were you getting?

Anonymous said...

I think it's gorgeous, and it looks fine on you! I like the zipper idea better than buttons.