CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Friday, March 2, 2007

Hello from New Member and Question About Circular needles

Hello group!

I am looking forward to knitting this sweater with all of you! I love this pattern and can't wait to get started! I think I'm going to use the Tahki Donegal Tweed in the color 815, which is a Navy Blue with light blue tweeded in. I have one skein of that on hand, and plan to swatch it and make sure I like the color before I purchase the yarn for the sweater.

One question, since so many of you are well into your sweater knitting: has anyone used circular needles to knit the whole body at once? If so, how has that been working for you? I REALLY hate sewing seams, so I'm considering knitting the body in one piece.

Thanks for all your beautiful pictures, and I'm looking forward to sharing everyone's progress.

Cheers,

Sierra in Colorado

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara at "January One" did hers this way. Check out: http://www.januaryone.com/archives/2007/02/i_believe.php

knitting elephant said...

I also knit mine in one big piece. Technically twice, though one hasn't been totally completed yet. If I make another, I'll do it in one piece again for sure!

Miss Amy said...

Hello there, I also knitted mine as one piece. This was my first sweater and it was easier than I ever thought it would be. When you start pay attention to the ribbing. When you knit in one pc. you don't need the k2 on a side panel to meet up with a k2 when you start the back panel. Make sure to read the whole pattern and map it out before knitting. It definintly makes a difference. Trust me, I know. I had to frog it once.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. Thanks, Amy
http://knottyone.blogspot.com