CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Sunday, March 25, 2007

Count Me In!

Good Day All!

Thanks for inviting me on board the CPH KAL. I look forward to sharing my journey with you and hopefully learn a lot from you all who have been there before.

I’ve swatched using Berroco Ultra Alpaca in hunter green.



I’ve gotten gauge by going up in needle size, but row gauge is still off. I'm thinking that I'll have to pay attention to the length during the project. Definitely knitting certain pieces together to keep them as symmetrical as possible. My only major decision at this point is to figure out which size to knit. I’m a perfect 40 inch bust and the pattern has a 40 in pattern, but does this mean that it will be fit and form fitting? Should I go up to the next size...which is 44 inches. I knit loose as it is, and from what I’ve read the pattern is on the smaller size. I wonder if this “smaller” talk has anything to do with peoples tension or actual gauge and pattern. I don’t want a form fitting hoodie, yet I also don’t want swim in the garment either. Oy...the torment.

Any advice you Hoodie experts can pass on would be much appreciated.
Knit-On
Kris

My Blog

2 comments:

Freda said...

The sizes given in the pattern are the finished sizes of the sweater, not the bust size of the person. If you have a 40 inch bust the 44 pattern would probably fit you well. I've read that normal fitting sweaters have 2 to 4 inches of ease, i.e. 2 to 4 inches larger than actual bust size.

I see you are knitting with alpaca. That may affect the final size of your sweater. I've read that alpaca has a tendency to stretch. But I've not knit with it myself so I don't know first hand.

Have you washed and blocked your swatch? If not take pre-washing measurements then wash it and measure it again after it dries.

I have a 37 inch bust and am knitting the 40 size. I'm still a little worried it will be on the small size.

Look at the blocking measurements in the pattern, the lay out of the pattern pieces.

Kris said...

Thanks for the advice! The swatch measured out short on stitch count until I blocked it, so I think your right about alpaca growing.

Now to decide...hummmm. I'm so ready to cast-on!