CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Friday, March 2, 2007

Bad news - My CPH on hiatus!

Bad news y’all. My Central Park Hoodie is sitting in the corner on time out. There are a number of issues, the 1st being:

- that I think I need to to frog it and knit is a size larger. I heard that it tends to run small. I want it to fit. So it has to be frogged.

- and then,Yarn issues. I thought I had the yarn issue all solved but no.

I went to pick up my order today from Knit away during my lunch break, but the yarn was the wrong color. The wrong color, can you believe that. Apparently Tahki discontinued the yarn I am using and have a new line with the same name. The only difference is they took the cotton out of the tweed yarn and have a new label, and stupid idiots that they are, when they named the new colors they used the same numbers they used with the old line but different colors. How stupid is that! On top of that the yarn store owner called up the customer service of Tahki yarns to see what could be done to fix this problem for me. I guess she had problems with them in the past and knew how they were gonna act because she put them on speaker phone so I could hear how the conversation went and y’all they were so rude, it was not right. Apparently there have been a lot of complaints about Tahki yarns and their customer service. I even spoke to the sale rep for Knit a way and she was saying the same thing. So the sales rep is gonna try to track down some of the old yarn or find a match with the new yarn. It is either that or buy more yarn in a new color to knit the Central Park Hoodie.

I am leaning towards just buying more yarn in a new color. I don't know we will see.

So I say all that to say my CP Hoodie is on hiatus and I am going to knit something else. Boo hoo!

I’m off to knit...

Tawana

3 comments:

My Five Sons said...

Have you tried jumping on Ebay and putting ina search for the needed yarn? it has worked for others!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

What a wretched story! I believe they are repped by Knitting Fever who are known for being difficult. You need a fresh start with some other totally different yarn!

Shameka said...

I went to Knit-a-way, and I have found the salesperson/owner to be very helpful. It is great to have someone who is on your side, when dealing with these big companies who do stupid things. I bought my Yarn for my CPH from Knit-a-way. Cascade 220 in #9420 (6 skeins). She ordered the yarn for me and it was delivered quickly without any problems. I would suggest starting over with a new color, if the old yarn is stressing you out. Knitting is supposed to be a stress reliever, not torture. With the Cascade yarn, I was able to use the same needle size as specified in the directions. So far, so good.