CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sleeve Increase Question

I am just about to start on my sleeves, and I have a question about the pattern. I want to make sure I fully understand this, before I make a mistake and have to frog for the gazillionth time when I am doing shaping.

The pattern says to do the ribbing, then work 1 RS row, then another row on the WS. Okay, I have that part down. Then it says to work in the pattern and increase 1 stitch each end of needle every 8th row 9 times.

So, this means that I increase the first and last stitch of each 8th row on the WS??? Meaning I must do purl increases? (All of my even-numbered rows are on the purl side, and it has been working for me thus far)

Has anyone else done it this way? I really think it will be easier to do a knit in the front and back on the RS. Am I just not reading the pattern right, or is my train of thought messed up again?

Any info on what type of increase used would be very helpful. M1 or K1F&B.....that is if the increase is worked on the knit side.

Please help once again!!! Thanks, and I promise to have some progress pictures soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My even numbered rows are also on the WS--they have to be so that you can cable on row 3. My decreases are on the RS every 8th row. I don't have my pattern in front of me, but mine just worked out that way. I think you're better off increasing on RS rows, and I chose a M1 after trying a K1F&B that didn't blend in as well. Hope that helps...good luck!

BrownBerry said...

Hi Shameka
You are correct, the pattern is written for increases on the WS (purl) rows, you read it correctly. I did mine this way using kfbl even though these were purl rows. You can also increase in the 7th or 9th row if you choose to stay on the knit side, just be sure to do this consistently and check your measurements often.

Elaine said...

yep - did mine the purl way too... :)

Hilary said...

I used M1 and did mine every 8th row, but started a row later (row 9, 17 etc.) so they'd be on the RS. Everything I read made it sound like that would be simpler.

rachel iufer said...

mine were on the purl side and i did kf/b because they are hidden in the seaming anyway...

Shameka said...

Wow, I am so amazed by the outpouring of advice. Annie, brown berry, socherry, hilary, and rachel iufer...you all rock!!! Thank you so much for all of the help. I am going to do the M1 on the RS every 8th row, starting with row 9. That seems like the easiest thing, since I am used to doing M1's all the time on the Knit side. Happy Knitting everyone!!!