CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Monday, January 22, 2007

Finally finished

This counts as my first FO for the new year.

Although I am not quite happy with the size as it is a little bit too big, perfect for wearing over a jumper, but I wanted it to wear instead of a jumper so I will knit this again in the same colour,and two sizes smaller. I have enough yarn to do that, I just love the yarn and it has been a pleasure to knit. But no way will I rip it out - the thought did cross my mind though. Next time I am going to try knitting the back and the fronts at the same time. Sewing it up was a pain.



Yarn: Bendigo Mills 12 ply Rustic in Damson, size 48.

I loved making it so much that I have cast on one for my daughter. this is going so fast because it is in the smallest size so she will have room to grow into it. Changes this time around will be a 3 needle bind off at the shoulders.


Yarn: Bendigo Mills 12 ply Rustic in Pink Opal, size 32

7 comments:

Go Knit Girl said...

Your sweater looks beautiful. Way to go on such a nice job and a really great colour!!
May I ask what size you did? You said it was too large. I am doing the 44" chest size and it looks a bit too small, even though I am only a 36" chest size. I just don't want mine to be too tight and was hoping the larger size would be perfect.
Anyway, nice job, I love it !!

JenniferB said...

Wow, that's impressive. I love the color. The cables look outstanding in that yarn!

Pam said...

A beautiful sweater -- Good luck on your next 2(!). Just my .02, but I'd think and measure carefully before going down two sizes -- that's 8 inches if you're knitting to gauge.

I love the color of your sweater and the cables look GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job! It's so nice of you to knit another one for your daughter.

Tonyia said...

I love the color of your sweater! The yarn you chose looks very elegant compared to the the more rustic yarns. Way to go!

Tigers said...

go knit girl: Thank you, I did the largest size. Mine stretched quite a bit though, depends how your yarn stretches and the fit you want. I did measure it to a favourite jumper before I picked the size though.

Friender: Thanks :)

Pam: Luckily my friend has made the size 42 and I've tried it on and it's a better fit.

Tienne: Thank you, I can't wait until she is old enough to knit for me ;)

Tonyia: Thanks,it is a beautiful mix of purple,red,blue & green. Bendigo make some really nice colours.

BrownBerry said...

Congrats on your first FO for '07! And what a lovely one it is! :)
Nice that you're already making such good progress on your daughter's too - great color.