CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Japanese Short Row Shoulder


Anyone else do this? I just finished the Right Front and gave it a shot. I think it might work out so that I can do the 3 needle bind off. This is my first adult garment and I am a bit nervous about the finish work and want to do a nice job.

Hope to finish this knit before it's too warm to wear it. Oops--too late. It was in the 80's this weekend!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juls... I'm assuming that is a front that you have pictured there. I'm not sure what you've done differently, but I know on my fronts the 10 stitches that you hold for later are all part of the cable pattern... the 2 purls, then 6 knits, then 2 purls. It seems that you've bound off part of your cable, but you will need it to make it join the top of the hoodie.


Does that make sense?

As for the japanese short row shoulder, I'm not sure what you mean. I did do some short rows and a modified three needle bind-off, but not sure if it was the Japanese version.

Man.. I need to take a post some pictures soon! Gotta fun some yarn to seam that matches and won't break as easily as the yorkshire tweed I'm knitting it with. :)

Carrie said...

I am planning on doing the short row shoulders but I haven't gotten there yet! I read about the different versions (including Japanese) on Nona's blog. Sounds good to me though!

rachel iufer said...

i did short row shaping on the shoulders and then the three needle bind off. i think it turned out really well! the color your using is really sweet, i love it!

Hilary said...

I love your color too. What yarn is that?
I did short row shaping and the three-needle bindoff on the shoulders, but I should have practiced first and made sure I really knew what I was doing. There were some holes! I fixed them when I picked up the hood, but it's not perfect.