CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Friday, May 18, 2007

CPH done!!!







Yarn used: Cascade 220 Heathers, color #9453 Amethyst Heather, just over 7.5 hanks
Needles: Size 7 Knit Picks options circular
Started May 1, finished May 17... I got distracted while I was knitting it because I wanted to try my hand at a shawl.
My gauge was off by quite a bit, but I liked the look and feel of the tighter knit fabric, so I just followed the 44" instruction to accommodate. It's a bit too small for me to button or fasten closed, but I didn't intend to do that, anyway, so it's all good. :-) I also knit the largest size sleeves because I hate tight sleeves, especially in the upper arm area.

I knit the body in one piece to avoid the seams and had intended to do the same on the sleeves, but decided against it. I also added length to the sleeves because I have gorilla arms. :-) My seams at the shoulder area could definitely use some help and I picked up too many stitches for the ribbing, but I'm too tired of knitting this one to try it again. I can deal with the floppiness of the ribbing for now. I have extra yarn, so if I get adventurous I'll go at it then!


Great knitalong with some great help!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Stacee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Stacee! Looks like a great fit.

Kris said...

Am I reading this right? 17 days!!! you knit the CPH in just over 2 weeks...your needles must be on fire;)

Love the color, great job!

knitting elephant said...

Thank you both! Nope, my needles weren't on fire... I have 3 kids--one in full day kindergarten and two younger ones who often take naps at the same time during the day so I'm able to effectively put of housework and knit instead! Hey, it works for me! :-)

Freda said...

It looks like it fits really well. Beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

That color is gorgeous! Nice work!

Zonda said...

Gorgeous colorway! Great job!