CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Sunday, March 4, 2007

Finished!

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to report that I finished my Central Park Hoodie! I finished up last Sunday – much of Saturday was devoted to seaming, and on Sunday I found and sewed on my buttons.


I’m a fairly new knitter and and while a lot of this was easy, some of it was really new to me. This was my first KAL and the amount of help and support I got along the way was great so thank you all so much!

Yarn: 8 skeins of Tahki Donegal Tweed in Deep Purple/845 bought from The Village Sheep. I used a full 7 skeins of yarn and probably 20 yards of the next skein (each skein approx 183 yds).

Started: January 25, 2007
Finished: February 24, 2007


Sizing: For those of you just getting started and are figuring out the sizing, before I started I kept seeing a lot of people saying this was running on the small size. I am 5’6 and if I were knitting a t-shirt I would knit a 34, so I assumed that the 36 would be too snug. Therefore I went for the 40. This is definitely not too snug on me – I wish it were a little smaller/more fitted but I still think the 36 would have been too small.
Modifications: I knit the ribbing on the body a little over 4 ½ vs the 4 inches called for in the pattern, so that it would be a bit longer. I also only did 4”ribbing for the sleeve cuffs vs 5” called for in the pattern. I kept seeing pictures with very long sleeves and many times people were rolling them up bc they were too long. I think my sleeves are the perfect length and maybe could be about ½ inch shorter.

Slightly more info can be found on my blog.

Looking forward to seeing everyone elses CPHs!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Beautiful sweater in a great color -- as to the fit, I think it's too bad that the size increments in this sweater are so far apart - makes fitting difficult.

Bear Knits said...

It looks great! Good job!

sierrak said...

Beautiful job on your CPH!! Thanks also for your comments on the sizing. I also am planning to use the Tahki Donegal Tweed, and your comments helped in determining which size to use.

SierraK

Elizabeth Boyle said...

Oh, I love that purple. And for a first time sweater you did a beautiful job. Congrats--you should be very, very proud. And thanks for the comments on the sleeves. I just started knitting mine and I don't want to knit the too long.

Tracey, in MI said...

I want one in purple.......