CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Friday, January 12, 2007

Just knitting away!!


I love seeing everyone's sweaters and they make me even more excited to finish mine!! I am almost ready to start on the sleeves.
I am a bit nervous about stitching it all together, as I have never done that before, so any tips will be appreciated. I have also never really blocked anything this substantial, so any tips on that would be great too. I don't have a blocking board or pins. I am thinking I can just use some towels, but what type of pins should I get?? I don't think the straight pins that I already own will work too well.

I am using Patons classic merino wool and am using size 8 and 9 needles. I did a gauge swatch and I guess I knit pretty tightly. I always seem to have to use bigger needles.
I hope the sleeves fit my old arms too! LOL

4 comments:

Pam said...

Lovely color! I might be a heretic, but I would just lay this out on a towel and smooth it into shape to block -- no pins. I only pin lace. But that's me. If you're nervous about stitching up the sweater, get some good instructions for mattress stitch -- mattress stitch is your friend ;-) This article in Knitty would be a help, I think.

Elizabeth Boyle said...

I use the glass headed pins I got at JoAnnes. Nothing fancy, just long sewing pins. I've used safety pins as well. I just blocked a sweater and blogged about it at UFOs.

As for sewing up, I never do a stitch without pulling out my favorite book on the subject: All Stitched Up by Jane Crowfoot. See if your library has a copy. I checked mine out so often, I finally just bought a copy!

Your sweater is going to be wonderful! I love the color. Best wishes and good luck!

JenniferB said...

Look at those cables POP in that yarn! Gorgeous. I don't pin anything either, but I think that's most important with lace...right? If I was knitting a very form-fitting sweater, I might pin it or if I was trying to block another few inches into it, I would do that, too.

Sittin-and-Knittin said...

Thanks so much for the advice! I will certainly look atthe sites and the book you all mentioned. I do know how to sew, but will need to be sure I am doing it right.
I have started on the first sleeve and might just knit all day today...it is rainy and yucky out-why not!!!