CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On to the button bands!


I finished the hood! I grafted the top. Now to pick up all the stitches for the front ribbing/button bands. It will be one long pickup - from the front right, around the hood, and down to the front left. Guess I'll squash 'em all on one needle?

After blocking the big front/back piece, I discovered I was off one stitch on my gauge. One stitch every 4 inches ends up being 11 stitches too wide - a bit over 2 inches wider on the finished width! (Who'd have thought it would make that much difference?!) The sleeves, which I did first as my gauge swatch, are right on. I must have relaxed a bit as I knit along...

I like the fit anyway. I think I'll wear this alot as an outdoor intermediate weather kind of sweater. And in Minnesota, there's a lot of that intermediate weather!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Careful with your cramming on of stitches - I broke a bamboo needle -- that's a lot of stitches. I ended up splitting them onto two needles (but knitting across as one row). Looks great!

Shameka said...

I would greatly suggest knitting back and forth on a flexible circular needle. Addi turbo has circular needles that go up to 60 inches. I personally have the Boye Needlemaster Kit, and plan to join my needle cables in order to get it long enough. I think knitting the band in one piece is a great idea. Who wants a seam in the front of their hood? I think being able to make modifications that suit you is one of the best parts about knitting your own garments. Your sweater looks great. I am so excited and even more motivated to finish mine.