CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I must be an idiot because...

I've read Cara's post about 4 times and I still don't understand what she believes she did wrong when starting CPH. Could someone enlighten me? I've finished the back of mine and am 7" into the left front. I personally added two stitches for a seam allowances, but I always do that on sweaters that will be seamed later if they aren't included in the instructions. So I'm not really understanding why she felt she needed to start with purls in the ribbing, when it does call for K2, P2. ? (check the third paragraph of her post from today). I am not trying to be a jerk at all..I really want to know if I have done something wrong with my sweater in the ribbing!

Thanks very much. Jen at Friender.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not understanding why you add 2 stitches? Usually pattern account for this don't they? They assume that you'll lose 2 stitches for seaming. I've knitted the CPH 3 times now and have never added any stitches for seam allowance - it's built in. The fronts and backs line up perfectly so that when you seam, the K2, P2 ribbing is perfectly continuous around the whole sweater.

Maybe that's what Cara means b/c if you end on P2 for one piece, you need to start with P2 for the next piece b/c you'll lose 2 sts. For example:
P2 + P2 = P4. Then you lose 2 sts so P4 - 2 = P2, this way the sts continue K2, P2 on ribbing and not K2, K2 or P2, P2. Have I confused you even more?

JenniferB said...

Oh I get it. My confusion came because I forgot that she was knitting all the pieces at one time. I added selvedge stitches to this sweater, also because people were saying it ran small. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to for sure add them to the sleeves, which everyone seems to say are coming out snug. I would rather be comfortable in this sweater! Thanks, Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey - I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was going to address it in a post today - but I'm too crazy to blog. I'm doing the fronts and back at the same time - that's why I have to start and end with p2. So that my charts work out right (both chart a and c start with purls.)

Also, I've actually taken stitches OUT - one at each end of the back and one at the ends of each front where they meet up with the back - so that the ribbing matches up. This is what would be eaten by the seam if I was doing it in pieces.

Sorry for the confusion.