CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Sunday, September 9, 2007

My CPH is done

I finished knitting the Central Park Hoodie last spring. Then it languished for months until I found buttons for it in August. So here it is, in all it's glory.

IMG_2461

And the back.

IMG_2460

I used Cascade 220 Heathers in Sea (colorway 4005), about 6 skeins. I'm really happy with it and I think I'll wear this quite a bit. I even got compliments on it at my knitting group this morning -- that feels so good!

Pattern Modifications: I did short rows and a three-needle bindoff on the shoulders, and I used kitchener stitch to seam the hood. Thank you all so much for your help with those suggestions. They worked out great and I learned a lot.

If I knit this again I'll do it all in one piece instead of two fronts and a back. That way I won't be off in my rows when stopping for the arm holes. Also, I'll make the arm holes smaller. They start a little low on me.

More details are on my blog.

4 comments:

Kris said...

What a fabulous color...it looks great on you.

Anonymous said...

Great job! Fantastic color!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely color, and the fit looks perfect from here!

Lauren said...

Thank you all so much! I'm glad to hear other people like it as much as I do.