CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Monday, September 3, 2007


Hello, CPH KAL’ers. I’d like to introduce myself as the newest and 127th member. (If that's not right, here's hoping I do a better job counting my stitches!) In the shot above, I have some of my supplies assembled: Denise needles; Tahki Donegal Tweed in color 834, a Hobbit-worthy lichen green; and my thumbed copy of knitscene, which opens to page 70 every time. Look closely and you may be able to see the posted corrections pasted into place under “Left Front.” It’s not just my initials that are AR, folks! My goal is for this CPH to be worn this winter by my daughter on those long treks from dormitory to dining hall.

What I can’t show in the picture is the good advice and brilliant ideas you ALL have given me through this KAL and your blogs. You’ve gotten me this far, with needles ready to cast on for my first (human) sweater. So before even an inch of that wool is wrapped, I want to thank every one of you. To fellow blog-free Freda in particular, your post on the all-at-once approach to back and fronts is a gem.

With apologies for the verbification, I do feel the need to screed. I must give a few hyperlink shout-outs to some of the bloggers whose technique and creativity have gotten me to reinvent and reimagine my knitting, specifically as it will be employed in CPH production: the ladies of
Crossroad Knits, particularly Liz, who introduced me to the astounding nona, who really deserves her bragging rights; to Cara of January One – I always wondered how to get rid of the purlish bumps that show up on the first knit row – because one of her links showed the way and because she’s just amazing; and to TECHknitting; Wendy; and Sara. Your tips are tops. That said, I feel much better. And yes, I’ve got gauge! I’ll be back when I have more knitting and fewer words to share, promise.

No comments: