CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Tuesday, September 18, 2007

HellooooOh My Goodness!

Unfortunately, my new fellow Hoodie Knitster friends this, my first post, has not it turns out ended up being the "Hurrah! this is awesome! I'm about to start the cables!!" opening post I had in mind..

I've been stalking the CPH for some time now, lurking here on the KAL blog, pattern at ready, bought the yarn back in January all the way from Webs (I'm an Australian knitter, so that meant planning and SHIPPING!) - a gift from my lovely mum actually! Suffice to say I've been DESPERATELY waiting for the moment to cast on! Well the moment arrived, I finished a lot of other projects I needed to do and then this month I cast on my 194 stitches for the 44" hoodie - which is 4 stitches less than the pattern quoted amount seeing as I'm knitting the three pieces in one and have left off those seam stitches.

Well I knit away at a great rate of knots, LOVING the knitted fabric, the tweedy goodness and the feeling of knitting my first jumper (translation - 'sweater'). Yesterday I reached the end of the ribbing - which is 6 inches seeing as I'm doing the body a little longer than normal.
cph 6 ribs size
SUCH excitement! The anticipation of being able to get cracking on the real pattern part of the jumper! So close! Just around the corner! "Can't start now, too sleepy, I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow."

Just as well I did. I've come across a bit of an obstacle.

I know.. an OBSTACLE! This is NOT what we want, fellow Hoodie Knitsters! I suppose it is a learning experience in disguise as an obstacle.. but I still have that sinking feeling in my stomach.

See, I've gone to start with the Right Front part of the pattern, on the RS and have decided that I will omit one stitch from the K18 on each Front, and omit 1 stitch from each of the two K18 sections on the Back - that way taking care of the 4 seam stitches. Simple, right?

Well! LITTLE did I know!!

It seems I may have b_ggered up utterly! *grim look* I think I may have needed to set up my ribbing differently. Instead of doing K2P2 all the way along, I may have needed to go K1P2K2P2 and continue on with normal 2x2 ribbing - but start with ONE KNIT/PURL STITCH! Oh no!! Have I totally come undone, Hoodie Knitsters! Will I have to frog SIX INCHES of 194 stitch wide fabric?!?! *slightly hysterical eye twitch*
cph acres
Look at it!! How can I frog that?!

*calms down a little* alright.. I have a plan.. I'll calm down. Then I'll eat some chocolate. Then I'll get out the graph paper and a pencil. Eat more chocolate. Poor a glass of Gin'n'Tonic with lemon. Mark out the ribbing.. eat more chocolate...

Let's see it we can figure this puppy out!!

p.s. By the way I'm VERY excited to nbe part of the KAL and have thoroughly enjoyed following all your CPH's so far - thanks so much!

2 comments:

Kris said...

The only problem that might come up is having the cables line up with the ribbing. I had this issue with my sleeves and decided to off center the cable - which you don't even notice once your wearing it.

I would just count out the cable pattern verse your rib and see if it lines up or not.

It's looking lovely and I hope the math gods are working in your favor;)

Deborah-- said...

When I did my nody in one piece I did this. I start on the Right Side of the Right Front and worked in Ribbing then when I got to the end of the Right Front I did one less stitch. Then I did one less stitch on both ends of the Back piece and then one less stitch on the Left Front piece. It seemed weird at first but it actually works out but when you end the Right Front it is on a K2 then the back piece starts with a K2 so 1 less stitch on each piece each the K2. The same thing with the Back and Left Front. The Back ends on a K2 and the Left Front Start on a K2. One thing that really helped me was I used pink stitch markers to layout my pattern and then blue stitch markers where the seam btwn the pieces are. I hope this helps. You shouldn't have to frog.