CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Knitting Body In One Piece - Armhole Question

Hey all! I am about 11.5" into the 14" of knitting the body. Today I decided to look ahead and see what is up next when I get to the armholes. I noticed that for the Right Front directions it says to knit up to 14" ending working a Right Side Row. Now, for the Body and Left Front it says to knit up to 14" ending working a Wrong Side Row. How can this be? I thought maybe it was an error but found no correction. So my question is, how did anyone else handle this when they knitted the body in one piece? Any and all advice, guidance, would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2 comments:

Serena said...

I had the exact same question as you and just forged ahead at that point, starting the armholes for the right front on a right side row after I got to 14". So in otherwords, I knit the left and back in the pattern and when I got to the right, I bound of 5 stitches (subtracting 1 for the fact that I am doing it in the round). The thing that was confusing me was that you can't do the armholes for all 3 pieces at one time. You are going to have to do the sides and back separately (binding off makes the 3 pieces separate). I would recommend starting doing the armholes for the back first, b/c the directions for the left and right say to make them the same length as the back. Or you can do what I did and knit the right side up to the neck and then started the back. Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I read your post right after casting on and thought, oh no, what have I gotten myself into? But in looking back through this wonderful KAL, I found Lisa's post from 6/20/07. I think it answers this question, very much in the spirit of being "the boss of your own knitting." Hope this helps!