CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Tuesday, February 20, 2007




Whew!!
I finally finished my CPH!!
I learned many things...the biggest one being....pick a size and follow those directions! Don't try to change the size of anything while you knit!!
I really goofed on the sleeves and had to rip them out twice to fix, but I think I am pleased with how this turned out! All through the seaming I kept babbling to myself that I would NEVER knit another sweater again, but I find myself looking at sweater patterns already!
I didn't do any type of closure for my CPH, but I am thinking I might try to put a 'toggle' type button on, just to hold it closed.
Thanks for all your inspiration and good luck to everyone who are just beginning. I really enjoyed myself while I worked on this and I must say I am quite proud of myself for actually finishing this too!!


7 comments:

Hilary said...

Gorgeous!!! What kind of yarn is this? Such a pretty color, and it looks perfect!

BrownBerry said...

Looks great on you! A good fit.
How did you manage the "thumb hole"?

BrownBerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love that color that you picked! Great job - looks like a perfect fit.

Sittin-and-Knittin said...

Thanks!! I used Patons merion wool. Not sure of the color name, but it is like a denim blue. I still have 2 skeins left of it. Why do I always seem to have loads of yarn leftover??

The thumbholes are just that...holes in the sleeve seam!! LOL I put them too far back on the sleeve though. I need to learn how to think things through before I do them! LOL

Bear Knits said...

It looks great! I love the color!

Teal said...

Your sweater is beautiful...good inspiration for those of us still knitting. I hope mine looks as good as yours.