CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hi, I'm new and just getting started

I just got my yarn to start the CPH I am making for my daughter. After buying the yarn (Cascade 220 Superwash) I began reading more here and in the Flickr group posts and now I am concerned about my yarn selection. I am also struggling a bit with what size to knit. I get the sense from what I read that many people think the CPH as written knits up too short, that the arms are too narrow, and that you need to allow ease for the sweater (if you are a 37" size by measurement, you would make the 40" sweater). I'm sure I'll be looking to some of you for help as I get going. Here's a photo of my yarn. I love the color, but am worried if it is too thin for this project.

New yarn, for Central Park Hoodie-crafting 365, Day 222

4 comments:

Ariel said...

I can't help on your yarn question but it definitely runs small. I made it a bit longer and a size larger than I normally wear. I do love it though. Happy Knitting!!

Carrie said...

Lots of people have used Cascade 220 -- have you made a gauge swatch yet?

HomeMadeOriginals said...

Thanks. A gauge swatch will be my next step, I just got a bit discouraged by reading some negatives about this yarn. Also, I'm still a bit unsure about which size to knit.

Kris said...

I think the yarn is going to work just fine. With this garment, don't skip doing the gauge swatch. That also includes a test wash of the swatch. I took measurements before and after...now I used an alpaca/wool blend, but you never know how things turn out.

Now as far as measurements, I'm a 40 bust and went up a size and knit the 44. The project does run small, but I didn't want a clingy garment. Mine is perfect fit.

One of the modifications I did was to increase the button just a tad and that added some room.