CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hood?

I am so not in love with this thing anymore. I had a decent enough time making the pieces, I just knew something was going to go wrong once I put it all together. I have no idea what I'm doing with the hood. I just don't see where I'm supposed to start picking things up from - from holder to neck to holder, and so on - how is that even possible? I started thinking that I start from the small number of stitches on a holder at the very edge of the front panels. But there are WAY more than 11 sts between that and the back panel holder. I have no idea how to approach this and turn it into something that doesn't look so sloppy. If anyone can give me a basic walkthrough, I'd be very grateful!

3 comments:

Kris said...

off hand thinking back to when I was knitting mine, I blocked my pieces and seemed the shoulders together. I started picking up from the Right Panel neckline, across the Back Right, slipping the stitches off the holder and on to the needle, then the Back Left and lastly the Front Left.

I recommend picking up as many as you can. You can always decrease down to the required amount of stitches, but my issue was leaving holes where I didn't pick up enough.

Unknown said...

Sorry, I don't understand that at all. Where do I start picking them up? From the scant amount on the holders at the edges? And what defines the neckline? It feels like the whole thing is sort of falling off me. Would that mean I'm making sort of a yoke before I get into this hood? I'm wondering if I start from the edge of the back panel, where it's sewn to the sleeve, and ignore those holders on the very edges until I get to the button bands.

Kris said...

No worries. Maybe if you think about the hood as if it were the shape of the letter C. You need stitches from the front panels and the back in order to create a cup shape. The button band will travel from the bottom of one front panel up and over the hood and down the other front panel.

I found my blog entry which may or may not help::
http://kniftyred.blogspot.com/2007/04/blocked-missing-needle.html#links

If your still having issues I could take some pictures of my hoodie to show you where I picked up ...