CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Monday, October 22, 2007

Swimming in the Frog Pond

I only hit a minor bump in the road Saturday night. My brilliant plan to do both fronts at the same time seemed easy enough, only I should have read a little more carefully before I got started. I made it through the 4" of ribbing on Friday & decided to work on putting them onto the larger needle over the weekend. Well when I sat down Saturday evening to do the deed, I discoved a slight flaw. I had two left fronts. The ribbing begins opposite of one another (k2, p2 or p2, k2) & I hadn't forseen that. What to do? Yank one of those puppies off the needle to redo it, of course! I put one of the left fronts on the bigger needle & reknitted the right front ribbing. Wouldn't you know the very thing that takes hours the 1st time, flies in an hour the 2nd time around? That done, I was able to whip up to 13" on both fronts together on Sunday afternoon. So, the back's done & the fronts are halfway. It's all good. Learning from mistakes is half the fun anyway. BTW, the cables for the shoulders match up to the back without any finagling. Both the sizes I used for front & back have 14 side stitches before the cable. I didn't have to make any adjustments for the cables to match.

No comments: