CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Tuesday, August 21, 2007

too late for the tips!


I stumbled across this KAL yesterday and think it was a sign that it's time for me to pick up my Central Park Hoodie again! I worked on it last fall until Christmas knitting waylaid me and then again until it got too hot to consider knitting a long-sleeved cardigan in California. I edited the picture from knitscene to keep track of progress on my own blog, and have included it here. All I really have left is one sleeve, then the seaming and picking up stitches for the hood and button band (which I plan to make without buttons and holes). Seeing all the finished CPHs posted is making me anxious for mine (knit in pink-flecked brown tweed from Tahki Stacey Charles), so the KAL may be the motivation that gets me to wear this sweater THIS fall. Unfortunately, I have found all you lovely ladies too late in the game to take advantage of all the good advice on how to knit the body in one piece and short-row the shoulders. When I started this project last year I was not brave enough to try and figure it out on my own ... but now I am and might be a little cranky when it comes time to seam all the pieces I finished a year ago :)

No comments: