CPH PATTERN AVAILABILITY

************* THIS JUST IN *************
Lisa Shroyer, editor of Knitscene magazine, has compiled a book entitled The Best of Knitscene, featuring a "reworking of Heather Lodinsky's "Central Park Hoodie" [Yarn Market News, January 2012], available from Interweave Press. The links below take you to the pages for the paper version and the eBook version.

Paper [144 pp, paperback, $24.95]

eBook [144 pp, PDF, $19.95]

The book includes 20 of the most popular knitting patterns from the first five years of Knitscene magazine, including Connie Chang Chinchio's Geodesic Cardigan and Katie Himmelberg's Phiaro Scarf. The offerings vary widely from mitts, hats, socks and scarves to vests and sweaters, in addition to providing tips and designer profiles.

**************** UPDATE ****************
PATTERN AVAILABLE NOW!!! :-)
The pattern for the CPH is now available
for purchase from Knitting Daily as a downloadable PDF! The pattern includes expanded sizing for PLUS sizes—52", 56", and 60"!

The Knitting Daily Blog has featured the CPH in some posts:
The CPH--PLUS!
The CPH--Which Size to Knit?
The Finished Plus Size CPH
The CPH Plus Size Gallery

If you receive the Knitting Daily email, you already know that the CPH is the NUMBER ONE best-selling pattern in the KD Online Store!


Tuesday, June 12, 2007

About Variegated Yarn (for Shameka)

Hi, Shameka,

In the comments I saw that you had questions about using variegated yarn on the CPH. I chose variegated yarn for mine and that's what has caused the delay in knitting it (and yes, I am the Administrator of this KAL *blushing from shame*).

To give you an idea of what happens or what to consider, please refer to my posts on the original CPH KAL (from when it was run by Christy):

http://christybelle.typepad.com/centralparkhoodie/2006/10/knitting_cph_wi.html

http://christybelle.typepad.com/centralparkhoodie/2006/10/bloggers_down.html

The post includes photos and there are a few other posts there featuring my color experiments that may help you decide. My solution so far is to knit the fronts and backs as all one piece on a circular and let the pooling fall where it may. That would work, but it won't result in the color shift that I liked so well when I knit the back only. If I were brave, I suppose I could attempt to knit the fronts as one piece and steek it to achieve the same pooling pattern.

Like I said, I'm still working this out in my mind and I think I'm going to buy a solid yarn for my first one. Let us know what you figure out!

2 comments:

Kris said...

The yarn is gorgeous and I'm sure you wont have to much difficulty seeing the cables from the variegation, as I've seen some cables get lost in the busyness of the yarn.

The only other color shifting you'll run into is with the ribbing done on the front. The colors will run opposite the front panels.

If I had to choose, I'd knit all the pieces separately instead of trying to match anything up...it would make me go crazy. I say embrace the funkiness of it all and let the yarn just do what it does.

Jill said...

I really love the colors. I think it would be great to see how they all develop. I love the "embrace the funkiness" comment, Kris!